Everyone considers thick, muscular necks as a part of a healthy and attractive physique. But many of you have thick necks that are caused by fat instead of muscles. It will be softer and looser.
This excess fat in the neck area can be associated with various health risks and it also increases your risk of sleep apnea.
Best Ways To Get Rid Of Neck Fat
Overweight or obesity can also cause neck fat. Typically, it occurs from weight gain resulting from a poor diet, lack of exercise, aging, or genetic conditions.
There are some healthy diets and workouts that help you to lose neck fat. If you want to know about them, then read on.
Decrease the daily calorie intake
Decreasing your daily calorie intake by about 500 calories will help in your weight loss. This consistent weight loss will result in less fat overall and often helps to lose neck fat too.
Green tea is the best drink that helps to accelerate this weight loss. Also includes food items that contain low fat and calories but high on vitamins.
Water can be really helpful for weight loss. Replace the sugary beverages with 100% calorie-free drinks and pure water. This will help you to burn neck fat and even helps to get rid of fat from the overall body.
Chewing gum helps to reduce the number of calories in their diet. It is a minor workout for the jaw muscles.
So it may contribute to loss of neck fat though it probably will not do much by itself.
Exercises To Shed Neck Fat
- Blowing air
To shed the fat around your neck quickly, blowing air is an effective measurement. Let’s see how to do blowing air exercise.
- Sit on a low back chair
- Sit with your spine erect
- Push your head backward as far as possible
- Now your face should be facing the roof ceiling
- Blow air out of your mouth
- Hold your lips together while blowing air
- Continue this for 10 to 20 seconds
- Slowly release your neck from the position
- Do it as many times as you want
- Ball exercise
Ball exercise will be interesting and fun while losing fat around your neck.
- First, sit erect and relaxed
- Place a squeezable ball under your chin
- Now push your chin downward by applying pressure on that ball
- Do this 20 to 30 times per day
- Neck glides
Neck glides help to reduce the tension in your muscles and it will also make the into shape.how to do? Let’s look.
- Sit in an erect position on a low back chair with your legs apart
- Glide your neck to the left without moving your shoulder or body
- Hold this position for around 5 seconds
- Come back to normal position
- Now glide your neck towards the right
- Hold it for 5 seconds
- Come to the centre
- Repeat it for at least 20 to 30 times
- Lateral extensions
- Look straight ahead
- Lean your head to the left
- Use your left hand for resistance
- Use the muscles in your neck to press against this resistance
- Hold it for 5 seconds
- Return to the original erect position
- Do it for both sides
- Repeat this for 10 times
- Towel pulls
This is an easy neck exercise and helps to shed fat accumulation in the neck effectively and quickly.
- Roll a towel along the length of your shoulders
- Join the ends of the towel
- Start pulling the towel and your head in opposite directions
- Repeat it for several times
- You can also do it on sides
- Put a towel around your neck in sideways
- Keeping the shoulder straight repeat the same process
- Chin slaps
To get effective results, you have to do chin slaps several times a day. It is an easy exercise that you can do at any time and anywhere. It also gives perfect shape for your chin.
- you can do this by either sitting or standing
- Place one hand at the back of your head and make a fist with another hand
- Start slapping your lower chin area
- Increase the speed of slapping gradually
- Keep doing it up to the point of tolerance
- Do it for around 10 minutes
- For effective results repeat this for 5 to 6 times a day
- Self neck traction
This workout that helps you to get rid of neck fat can be incorporated with your daily exercise routine. Along with shedding fat accumulated around your neck, it also relaxes the adjoining muscles and removes the muscle pain.
- Lie down on your back
- Put your legs up to 60 degrees angle
- Place one hand at the back of your head and another on your chest
- Maintaining the pressure on the hand on your chest, use your other hand to pull you neck
- Hold the position for 10 seconds
- Slowly come back to the original position
- Repeat it for 15 to 20 times
Although there are no ways to specifically target neck fat loss, the above given workouts and diets are the methods of strengthening muscles and toning the area.
But the truth is that neck fat and face fat are not only affected by weight gain, certain health issues like thyroid may also cause these. Therefore, it is advisable to consult a doctor before treating yourself.