It is extremely important in today’s time to keep a check on your health and stay healthy and fit. Every age group undergoes some health issues and has its own ways of dealing with them. For women, a lot of issues have appeared nowadays.
Most of the women deal with their increasing weights, high blood pressure, and cholesterol levels. If the levels of cholesterol start increasing in the body, it can lead to causing a significant effect on the major body organs like the heart, kidneys, etc.
- 1 How To Deal With High Cholesterol Levels? Best Exercises To Do!
- 2 Increased HDL Production
- 3 Reduced Size Of Cholesterol Carrying Particles
- 4 Deal With Increased Body Weight
- 5 The Major Exercises That Can Help You Deal With Your Health Issues.
- 6 How to perform exercises?
- 7 Some General Tips For Healthy Body
How To Deal With High Cholesterol Levels? Best Exercises To Do!
To deal with such issues, the doctors mostly advise you to follow a proper and healthy lifestyle. This will help you to keep your body in a healthy state. Your food should contain all the essential vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, fats, and proteins to let your body become stronger and build a specific level of immunity. Apart from this, if your body lacks some amount of nutrients, they can be taken in the form of supplements as per the doctor’s prescription.
- Being one of the fatty substances, the cholesterol compounds have the tendency to circulate in our blood for longer durations. In case you consume food items that contain high amounts of cholesterol, they can get stuck to the walls of your arteries.
- As they begin to stick in large amounts, it leads to the narrowing of blood vessels and increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Further, cholesterol is not the only element that can affect the blood vessels. The type of proteins that carry them also has a big role to play. The low-density lipoprotein or LDL has more tendency to cause health problems as compared to high-density lipoprotein HDL cholesterol.
- The LDL carries the cholesterol through the entire body while HDL aims at protecting the body from unnecessary cholesterol buildup.
Increased HDL Production
Performing exercises on a regular basis aid in the production of HDL in the body and increase its ability to prevent cholesterol accumulation. Several studies and researches have been done that show that women who are physically active and follow a healthy lifestyle contain more amount of HDL in their body as compared to sedentary women.
Reduced Size Of Cholesterol Carrying Particles
It has also been discovered that physical workout sessions can have a significant impact on the size and nature of the particles that carry cholesterol in the body. Women who exercise more are seen to have much fluffier particles that do not lead to the formation of clogged arteries in a short period of time.
Deal With Increased Body Weight
If you are irritated because of your increased weight then you might be advised by the doctors and nutritionists to make exercises a part of your routine. This is because the exercises help you to lower your cholesterol levels if you are overweight and the research conducted has found that women who were involved in activities like running, jogging, walking, or cycling improved their triglyceride levels, total cholesterol levels, and even the amount of LDL cholesterol.
The Major Exercises That Can Help You Deal With Your Health Issues.
- It has been scientifically proven that walking is among one of the best activities to reduce your cholesterol levels as well as the risk of developing heart-related diseases. Further, it is very easy to do and it can be performed by anyone at any hour of the day at any location.
- Being an aerobic exercise increases the efficiency of working of your lungs and heart that helps the body cells to use oxygen more effectively. The blood circulation occurs with more ease and smoothness in the body and helps the arteries to stay clear of the plaque.
The women participating in walking programs tend to improve their blood cholesterol levels at a much greater speed than someone who tends to stay dependent on medicines only.
- After walking, running is the second most effective exercise to help your body build immunity and strength. It requires stamina and courage to perform running on a daily basis.
- As a part of some of the common physical exercises, running causes the heart rate to go up and increases the tension on your muscles. It causes the muscle to take some strain and push the body to make some improvements.
- In addition to this, it builds heart endurance and can pump more blood per beat. Therefore, in a way, the heart becomes more efficient and works with increased energy. The activities, running and walking result in an almost similar reduction of cholesterol levels.
- Swimming is another great and effective aerobic exercise after walking and running. It helps you to reduce your high cholesterol levels if you are able to perform it regularly. If you know swimming then you will get to know that it is easier on your joints when compared with activities like running or walking.
- While choosing the exercises for yourself, you should see what kind of activities your body can sustain and ones that you can enjoy simultaneously. It is not just that you have to rely on a single exercise.
- You can create a combination of exercises so that you never feel bored or frustrated by them. You can create sessions of some swim laps and walk.
- Swimming is comparatively an easier and much more enjoyable activity that you might be interested in performing. Also, make sure that you consult your doctor for a specific set of exercises.
- For women who are suffering from high cholesterol, yoga is seen to have a significant impact on the functioning of their bodies. Adapting to a yoga-based lifestyle helps in achieving low cholesterol levels. It reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases and improves the low-density lipoprotein levels in the body.
- As you learn yoga, you can also find some specific asanas meant to work on your fat and cholesterol levels. You can perform them regularly along with keeping a check on your diet plan. Looking at the kind of benefits that yoga has offered and people have observed, it is advised to make it a part of your lifestyle for sure.
- Strength training becomes necessary to build power in your muscles and provide you with the energy to perform other exercises and activities with ease. It helps you to balance the effects of aging and also to handle the skeletal muscle mass and function.
- Undergoing this training helps you to develop the ability of muscles to perform and work more with increased efficiency. It helps you to work for prolonged hours and causes an increase in your lean body mass as well. If you have lower body fat, it will lead to improved cholesterol levels, reduced risk of heart-related issues, and lowered blood pressure levels.
- Further, when you start getting involved in such activities, it improves your quality of life. To perform strength training, you will be requiring a combination of machines and free weights.
- You should start by carrying less weight and increase the level of complexity slowly as the body becomes used to it. Gradually increasing the weights and regular training will help you become a better version of yourself.
- Stretching exercises are excellent for keeping your body fit and providing flexibility to it. The stretching exercises will not have a direct effect on lowering your blood cholesterol levels but will aid in enhancing your overall level of fitness.
- It plays an important part in reducing the risk of heart diseases and managing your blood cholesterol. Before you begin your workout session, you should focus on performing some dynamic stretches. Afterward, you can shift towards performing static stretches to help your body relax and cool down.
- Side bends, arm swings, and leg swings are involved in the list of dynamic stretches while in the case of static stretch, you simply stretch and hold the position for some seconds.
Apart from some of these effective exercises, there are some key facts that need to be kept in mind before beginning with the physical activities. Always make sure that you start and gradually move towards performing an intense version of a particular exercise. If you are not involved in performing many exercises and start doing intense one then you are calling for an injury. In cases of injury, you might not even be able to walk or run. And, this is not the goal. An individual should prepare himself for the long haul.
How to perform exercises?
Most of the exercises that are advised to perform are aerobic in nature and have to be performed in a repetitive manner. It involves the use of multiple muscle groups and includes activities like cycling, running, or swimming. Here is how you can perform them with ease.
- If you are new to any exercise program, you should start slow and with a short amount of time. These can be performed within a time limit of 15 to 20 days in the initial days. This is done to prevent the body from handling sudden strain on it and leading to some injury.
- You should try to divide the exercises as per their time requirement. You can split the smaller exercises and should also include the warm-up and cool-down activities in your session as well. These should be 5 minutes each.
- Now, the ideal goal is to reach 200 minutes in a week. For this, you should exercise at least 30 minutes per day. If you do not want to exercise regularly, you can also do a 40 minutes workout session 5 days a week.
- Doing exercises will put some strain on your muscles and as you progress, you might feel going from moderate to heavy. You must not put yourself in a state of distress.
Some General Tips For Healthy Body
- You must keep yourself hydrated when you go for a workout session. Whenever you feel thirsty, you should consume water. If the environment is hot and humid, you should take care of yourself more.
- You should wear shoes and clothes that offer you comfort. You can wear flat shoes or sneakers that offer you good support and prevent you from falling or tripping. They also lower the risk of getting affected with orthopedic issues.
- You should never ignore the power that exercises hold and the kind of effect that they have on your body and overall health. Make them a part of your lifestyle and perform them regularly at the same time so that it gets converted into a habit.
- Make time for eating and exercising. Do not practice immediately after taking a meal. However, you must consume some light amounts pre and post-workout meals.
- You can also ask your friends or some family members to join the sessions along with you. This will help you to stay motivated and will push you towards doing better. Moreover, it can also set them on a correct path and they also begin to follow a good lifestyle.
- You can note the kind of exercises being done, the time duration required for performing them, and how you felt while doing it. As you progress towards doing tough exercises, you will see what changes have occurred in the routine and how much you have improved from the previous stage. It will help you to keep going further and work more on your body.
- Try to look for moments where you can act actively. This can be any task at home or office that includes going to a nearby market or parking the car. These small steps towards progress will help you to achieve your goal much quicker.
- You can add a variety of exercises to your list like Pilates, Yoga, kickboxing, tai chi, and much more. This will help you to not get bored of performing the same exercise every day. You can ask your trainer to form a combination of exercises for you and set certain days for them.
Keeping all these things in mind, you can begin exercising today and see the precious effects and outcomes.
Read More About: What Are The Healthy Low Cholesterol Breakfast Options?