Avocados, scientifically known as Persea Americana, are the fruit of the avocado tree known for their high nutritional value. The rich texture, flavor, and healthy properties of avocado make it one of the essential fruits for consumption.
Avocados Help To Reduce Cholesterol Levels – Is It Really A Good Food?
Since a hectic lifestyle has opened the doors to various health problems, individuals lookout for healthy fruits that can provide a wide variety of nutrients.
As per various studies, avocados actually help your body absorb the other nutrients in your body. Also, avocados have been effective in controlling cholesterol levels.
Nutritional Value Of Avocados
Different types of avocados are available in the market. The most famous variety is known as Hass avocado.
The yellow-green flesh inside the fruit is used for consumption, whereas the skin and seeds are removed.
As for the nutritional value, avocados contain 20 different vitamins and minerals. The important nutrients that you get from the consumption of avocados are:
- Vitamin K: Vitamin K has a vital role in preventing excessive bleeding. It is actually dubbed as a group of compounds.
- Potassium: The presence of potassium helps in effective nerve functioning and muscle contraction.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C protects the body from the effects of free radicals present in our bodies.
- Folate: It is the natural form of B9 and helps in making healthy red blood cells.
- Vitamin E: The presence of Vitamin E in bodies ensures that the immune system is effective and the skin is healthy.
- Vitamin B5: Vitamin B5 is necessary for making blood cells, and it helps you convert food into energy.
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 ensures that the nervous and immune system of the body works well.
Besides these vitamins, avocados also contain minute amounts of magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, phosphorus, and Vitamin A.
Avocados And Cholesterol Control
The liver produces cholesterol, and it forms a crucial part of the human body. However, increased cholesterol levels result in various health-related problems such as heart attack, stroke, and more.
Individuals who have been dealing with elevated cholesterol levels include healthy fruits and vegetables in their diet to keep the levels maintained.
Avocados are one such fruit that controls cholesterol levels in bodies. The polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats that are present in avocados reduce cholesterol levels.
Also, consuming one avocado every day lowers the low-density lipoprotein (LDL) known as bad cholesterol.
Additional Benefits Of Avocado
The nutritional content present in avocado offers multiple benefits to the human body.
It has been one of the prime inclusion in an individual’s diet in the recent period.
Some of the additional benefits of consuming avocados are:
- Avocados Protect Eyes: Avocados are extremely rich in antioxidants, including zeaxanthin and lutein. Both the nutrients promote healthy eyes and reduce the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration common in old age. Avocados also increase antioxidant absorption from other foods.
- Avocados Lower the Symptoms of Arthritis: Arthritis has been a common chronic health problem that affects millions of individuals. As per multiple studies, consumption of avocados has significantly reduced the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- Avocados Promote Healthy Weight Loss: Avocados are rich in fiber and low in carbs, making them a great fruit for a healthy weight. Multiple studies have revealed that consumption of avocados results in fewer calories as it makes you full for a long period.
- Avocado May Help Prevent Cancer: Several studies have shown that consumption of avocado reduces the side effects of chemotherapy and prevents prostate cancer.
Avocados are an excellent addition to the modern diet of individuals that lacks several vitamins and minerals.
The fruit offers a variety of health benefits to individuals who are suffering from chronic health diseases.
The fruit is versatile, and you can add it to your diet as per your taste preferences.