Higher levels of cholesterols have lately become a common problem among the masses in present times. Too much cholesterol in the blood can stick to the walls of arteries, thereby creating a blockage in the blood pathway and causing heightened risks of coronary artery diseases and various other heart diseases.
Weight Loss: Easy Way To Lower Your Cholesterol Levels!
The level of cholesterol in the body is much related to the weight of the individual. Carrying extra weight increases the chances of higher levels of low-density lipoprotein i.e. Bad cholesterol in the bloodstream.
As such, weight loss can be much helpful in lowering the levels of cholesterol in the body as:
- It can help decrease the amount of fat accumulation in the body thereby preventing the risk of creation of blockage in the arteries by cholesterol.
- Weight loss is also helpful in reversing the insulin resistance in the body and thereby helping the body to better regulate the hormones and keep the lipoprotein and cholesterol build-up within limits.
- A reduced level of weight also makes it easy for the body to convert more and more cholesterol into usable energy, thereby doubly benefitting the body in terms of energy generation and reduced cholesterol levels.
What Is The Relationship Between Exercise And Cholesterol?
Exercise is widely believed to help achieve reduced levels of cholesterol in the bloodstream, Below are mentioned some of how Exercises can help achieve lowered levels of Cholesterol in the body:
- Being overweight leads to increased build-up of bad cholesterol in the blood, posing risks of a variety of heart diseases. Reduced weight through exercise is thus helpful in keeping cholesterol levels under control.
- Exercising also helps in stimulating enzymes that help move low-density lipoproteins i.e. bad cholesterol from the bloodstream to the liver where such cholesterol is converted into either bile or excreted thereby controlling the levels of cholesterol in the bloodstream.
- Exercising is also helpful in increasing the size of the protein particles that carry cholesterol through the blood. The increase in the size of the particles reduces the chances of blockages and clots from building up thereby reducing the risk of heart problems arising from cholesterol.
How To Lower Cholesterol With Diet
Along with weight loss and exercise, diet can also play an important role in reducing the level of cholesterol in the body.
The following are how changes in diet patterns can be much helpful in reducing cholesterol levels in the body:
- Choosing healthier fats: The best dietary change that an individual can adopt is to reduce the intake of both total fat and saturated fat as they raise the level of bad cholesterol the most. Instead of them, one should try adopting healthier unsaturated fats,
- Eating plenty of soluble fibers: Intake of plenty of soluble fibers helps in preventing the digestive tract from absorbing cholesterol and thereby reducing the amount of cholesterol in the body.
- Eating lots of fruits and vegetables: A diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables supplies the body with all the nutrients required along with the various cholesterol-controlling and limiting compounds, called plant stanols or sterols, and thus helps in lowering cholesterol.
While some amount of cholesterol is required by the body for its proper working, having too much of it in the body can be highly dangerous in ensuring that one leads a healthy life.
As such, limiting and controlling the levels of cholesterol in the body is of imminent importance.
Keeping the body weight under control along with proper exercise and a healthy diet can be much helpful in doing so.
The above article is thus much helpful in getting a better understanding of how weight loss, exercise, and diet can help keep cholesterol levels in the body under control and protect the body from the risk of heart disease.