Cholesterol comes in various forms and levels. It is very important to keep up the level of cholesterol in your body as it has a major part in putting your heart at risk.
Why Is HDL Called High-density?
In other words, HDL is generally termed as a ‘good cholesterol’ as it helps your body to gather up all the cholesterol in different parts of your body and brings it to the liver.
And then the liver flushes down all of it out of your body. But LDL or Bad cholesterol is not meant to be cleared by HDL all alone. This process of HDL is known as reverse cholesterol transport.
How Do High-Density Lipoproteins Become A Good Cholesterol?
High-density lipoprotein is one of the major protein groups of five. Lipoprotein is said to be one kind of complex particle that is made up of multiple proteins. It helps in moving fat molecules inside the body.
Cholesterol is not actually bad. But essential for providing stability for the cells in a body. Hence lipoprotein act as a helper to transport cholesterol through the bloodstream. Although lipoprotein acts differently with different cholesterol.
HDL is believed to have a good number of benefits like:
- It helps in eliminating LDL or Bad Cholesterol.
- HDL usually recycles the bad cholesterol and transports it into the liver for removal from the body.
- HDL tends to act as a maintenance factor for the inner walls of blood vessels. As a result, the walls are kept clean and thus protect the body from heart attacks and strokes.
Good Levels Of HDL Cholesterol
Tips To Boost Your HDL Cholesterol Level
- Exercise has always been a good idea for anything and everything. An aerobic exercise for around 30 to 60 minutes for a couple of days a week can help you raise your HDL level.
- In any case, if you are a person with smoking habits then it is high time to quit that habit as it lowers HDL.
- An excess of weight or obesity is also a thing to keep in mind to reduce heart risks.
Seeking medical help is suggested for those with uncertain cholesterol levels. The proper medication would help reduce the risk of a heart.
It has measures to lower your cholesterol levels and add to your HDL levels. Following a proper health routine would also become essential to keep your body safe and stable.