Cholesterol level determines the cardiovascular wellness of a person. Doctors recommend getting a routine test of the blood cholesterol level soon after the age of 20. A person suffering from cardiovascular disease is supposed to get it checked once a month. Or the frequency of getting tested is determined by the doctor.
- 1 6 Best Cholesterol Test Kits Of 2022 – Check Out The Benefits!
- 2 Which test should I do to check my blood cholesterol level?
- 3 1. CardioChek Analyzer Starter Cholesterol Kit
- 4 2. KPI Blood Total Cholesterol Test Kit
- 5 3. SDBIO Lipid Blood Cholesterol Test Home Kit
- 6 4. SELFCheck Cholesterol Test Kit
- 7 5. Choose Health Cholesterol & Internal Health Test
- 8 6. CardioChek Blood Testing Device
- 9 Conclusion
- 11 FAQs
6 Best Cholesterol Test Kits Of 2022 – Check Out The Benefits!
The test kits are of great help for the person who has high cholesterol levels and feels the need to get it checked quite often. At-home test kits are not above the thorough diagnostics prescribed by the doctors, they are an added aid to routine check-ups.
Which test should I do to check my blood cholesterol level?
There are certain tests that will determine and analyze your cardiovascular health. The name of the test is a blood lipid panel. The blood lipid panel consists of the stats of your total cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein (HDL), low-density lipoprotein, and triglycerides.
Doctors recommend doing these tests at intervals of four to six years after the age of 20. The tests ensure your cardiovascular health. If any disturbance is spotted, then you opt for medication as early as possible because prevention is always better than cure.
After the age of 40, the frequency of check-ups increases. Doctors prescribe getting the blood cholesterol level checked based on the calculated risks of a heart attack.
Here is the list of the six best cholesterol test kits of 2021:
1. CardioChek Analyzer Starter Cholesterol Kit
This kit is best in all aspects. It is chosen as one of the best cholesterols at-home testing kits. It is a portable device, which makes it easy for you to keep track of your cholesterol level. When you buy this kit you will get a digital analyzer, separate test strips for total cholesterol, HDL, triglycerides, lancets, and capillary rods.
- This is an uncomplicated device.
- Budget-friendly monitoring system
- Gives you the accurate measurements
- Comes with a separate set of strips for the separate tests. You do not need to invest in buying those separately.
- The price is higher than the other testing kits.
- You need separate strips for each test.
2. KPI Blood Total Cholesterol Test Kit
This testing is the handiest and most convenient blood cholesterol testing kit.
It collects the blood in the blood inlets via capillary action. This helps to get the correct size of the sample. With a single strip, it can measure your total cholesterol, triglycerides, and HDL. This kit provides 10 strips and the rest you have to buy separately for future use.
- This is budget-friendly.
- Has a smart technique for drawing blood, the process is fast and gives exact results.
- It can monitor your total cholesterol, HDL, and triglycerides.
- It comes with 10 strips.
- Gives a lifetime warranty.
- This testing kit has only 10 strips. After finishing those 10 you have to purchase strips separately.
- The resulting time is delayed than usual. It takes 2 mins to show the stats.
3. SDBIO Lipid Blood Cholesterol Test Home Kit
This is a comprehensive cholesterol kit that gives stats of almost all 6 panels. This kit comes with an electronic analyzer. It has a provision for a wide range of cholesterol test options. It can give you the stats of 6 data points using a single blood sample. The 6 data points are total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, HDL/LDL, Non-HDL, and triglycerides.
- A full blood lipid panel (6 panels) is tested with just a single strip.
- Needs only one blood sample.
- It is designed in a way that makes it easy to carry.
- It is an electronic monitor.
- Gives only a 1-year warranty. So, the initial investment might not seem very convenient.
- The price is a bit high compared to the other electronic analyzers available in the market.
4. SELFCheck Cholesterol Test Kit
This test kit is extremely budget-friendly compared to others. This testing kit is the best among the basic and manual testing kits. It takes three minutes to show the results of your total cholesterol test.
This device does not have a complicated using process. It gives accurate results too. The kit comes with a lancet, test card, and plaster. This kit is ideal for people over 40 years of age who want to keep track of their cardiovascular health very seriously.
- It is a budget-friendly kit.
- This does not involve any complicated process to function.
- The results are shown within 5 minutes.
- This kit can show user error if it is used manually.
- The result is limited. It shows up to only 5 mmol/L range.
- It takes a long time to show the results. It takes around 5 mins to cast the stats.
5. Choose Health Cholesterol & Internal Health Test
This testing kit has a unique feature. It delivers the reports via mail. It has the provision of testing your total cholesterol as well as the other components of cardiovascular health. Everything can be done through a single device.
Along with the cholesterol readings, it also provides the blood sugar readings, insulin resistance, visceral fat, and current levels of inflammation and oxidative stress.
- This kit provides some other stats in addition to the cholesterol level results. They show the stats for cardio and general health.
- You can review the readings on the Choose Health App.
- It shows the results of cholesterol, diabetes, insulin resistance, visceral fat, and the levels of inflammation and oxidative stress.
- This device provides you with the results very late as this follows the mail-in style test.
- Each test costs very high.
- Your results will be available on the Choose health app within 7 days. So, this is time taking.
6. CardioChek Blood Testing Device
This kit facilitates an extensive collection of features. You can test your cholesterol, HDL, and triglycerides with the help of only two buttons. So, this kit is an amalgamation of simplicity and utility.
Diabetes and other general health tests are also can be done through this. The kit contains 18 lancets and capillary tubes. For the three lipid CardioCheck screens, they provide 6 testing strips for each of them.
- This is a simple kit.
- It also stores the most recent 30 results for future comparisons.
- Easy to use.
- The test kit provides a wide range of items in it.
- The price for the tool and its add-on combination is higher than that of the other similar devices.
- It cannot evaluate the full lipid panel (6 panels).
- Takes 3-5 mins to show the results.
Cardiovascular disease is very common in modern times. People of every age are almost suffering from high blood cholesterol levels. The risks of heart attack are rising increasingly.
Unhealthy food habits and unhealthy lifestyles lead to cholesterol problems.
Visiting the doctor and getting diagnosed occasionally does not solve the problem. We have chosen the best six cholesterol testing kits for you to keep track of your cholesterol level.
These kits are extremely handy, and you can literally take them to any place and get yourself always checked up by using these testing kits.
They have been proven authentic, and the results are also accurate. So, without any worries, you can purchase them from the links given above and use them at your convenience.