Cheese occupies a majority of portions in many food items you prefer eating. Mozzarella cheese is a good source of essential calcium and proteins, good for your teeth, bones, and overall well-being. But, all the time when you take cheese in large quantities, the alarm will start ringing in your mind reminding its cholesterol levels. So, here comes the question, is mozzarella cheese high in cholesterol? What makes this mozzarella cheese the most loved cheese? Is taking mozzarella cheese healthy? And the list goes on. To find out more about this soft, fluffy cheese, continue reading this article. Here we will have a detailed discussion on every nook and corner of mozzarella cheese.
What Is Mozzarella Cheese?
Mozzarella cheese is a common cheese made from milk produced by Italian buffalos or cows. It is a southern Italian cheese traditionally made by the pasta filata method.
Some different forms of mozzarella cheese include Mozzarella curd, Fresh mozzarella, Ovoline, Bocconcini, Perline, Mozzarella di bufala, Burrata, Stracciatella, String, Scamorza and smoked mozzarella. The fresh mozzarella cheese is soft and white. But with age, it gets more firm and turns yellow based on the animal’s diet.
This Italian cheese is loved by many due to its creamy texture and mild flavor. This cheese, when melted, takes the form of a smooth paste-like consistency, which is perfect for many dishes that make your mouth watering. This cheese is readily available in all local stores.
Nutritional facts about mozzarella cheese
Here are the nutritional facts that you need to know about mozzarella cheese. Every 28 grams of mozzarella cheese include:
- Calories: 72kcals
- Fat: 4.5g
- Protein: 7g
- Zinc: 0.8mg
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Calcium: 222mg
- Phosphorous: 131mg
- Sodium: 175mg
How healthy is mozzarella cheese?
Mozzarella cheese is a complete food that holds the potential to provide about 1/3rd of your daily dairy requirement. This cheese is rich in nutrients, vitamins, and calcium. Daily consumption of mozzarella cheese in the right amount offers various health benefits. It can effectively fight heart diseases and reduce the risk of osteoporosis. Studies have already proven its efficiency in normalizing cholesterol levels and improving your overall wellness. Although a majority of you may think that cheese and other dairy products hold an enormous amount of fat, calorie, and sodium that makes your cholesterol levels high, keep in mind that the nutrient-dense mozzarella cheese is healthy and low in cholesterol.
Health benefits of mozzarella cheese
Some of the main health benefits you can expect from using mozzarella cheese include:
- Boosts muscle strength: Mozzarella cheese is a good source of protein that keeps your energy levels high and improves muscle strength.
- The powerhouse of fat-soluble vitamins: Taking the right amount of mozzarella cheese consistently will help enrich your body with essential fat-soluble vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin D, and vitamin E. All these vitamins ensure proper calcium absorption by the body, cell membrane protection, and healthy support to your bones.
- Fights anemia and migraine: Cheese rich in Vitamin B2, on regular intake help you stay away from migraine and anemia.
- Regulates blood pressure levels: This cheese holds adequate potassium content that helps to normalize blood pressure and keeps your heartbeat on track.
- Ensures proper digestion: Phosphorus in the mozzarella cheese ensures healthy calcium absorption from the food you take. It supports proper digestion and healthy function of the heart and kidneys.
- Help fight biotin deficiency: The sufficient source of Vitamin B7, treat biotin deficiency. Normal levels of Vitamin B7 in the body provide strong nails, healthy hair growth, youthful skin, and regular blood sugar levels.
Mozzarella cheese is an ideal source of all essential components that support overall well-being. This cheese is even low in sodium and fat, which does not put your health at risk by any means. So, no worries about considering mozzarella cheese in your daily diet. It effectively works on your body to maintain optimal health. You can surely try this cheese in your favorite dishes that keep you on a healthy track.