How does it sound to have a melting cheesecake with the rich flavor of sweet potato in it? Ravishing is it?
I am here with the recipe for the full-flavored cheesecake that is the perfect fit for your fall or winter table. It is a flawless example of a classic holiday dessert for kids and adults.
How To Make Sweet Potato Cheesecake Recipe?
The earthy flavor of the sweet potato will make the cheesecake different from the normal ones giving it an elegant orangey color. We used graham cracker crumbs as the crust without neglecting the traditional norms and made it with a mix of cinnamon spice.
You can make your guests go wonder and make a good impression in front of your guests with this most appetizing sweet potato cheesecake recipe.
This miraculous recipe serves 12 persons. The time taken for the cooking is 1 hour and 15 minutes excluding the chilling time. It is recommended to chill the sweet potato cheesecake for a longer time, preferably overnight to make it more delectable.
This recipe has the right amount of sweetness and spices to balance the cheesecake filling which has this creamy, smooth texture. It has ingredients that are completely nutritious and healthy to eat without a doubt.
After the crunchy crust and melting filling are made for the sweet potato cheesecake, we have to top it up with a layer of sour cream that is lightly sweetened which will bring more flavor and texture to the cheesecake.
The popular creamy cheesecake recipe is another great dessert for you to try. Your family and friends will unquestionably love this dish for sure.
Let us make the sweet potato cheesecake together.
Ingredients Needed For The Crust
🥣 Graham cracker crumbs – 1 ½ cups (180 g) (from about 12 whole graham crackers)
🥣 Sugar – ¼ cup (50 g)
🥣 Unsalted butter melted – ⅓ cup (75 g)
For The Sweet Potato Cheesecake Filling
🥣 Package cream cheese, softened – 1 (8-ounce / 225 g)
🥣 Sugar – 1 cup (50 g)
🥣 Packed light brown sugar – ¼ cup (55 g)
🥣 Mashed sweet potatoes – 1 ¾ cups (270 g)
🥣 Large eggs – 2 nos (slightly beaten)
🥣 Evaporated milk – ⅔ cup (165 ml)
🥣 Cornstarch – 2 tablespoons
🥣 Ground cinnamon – ¼ teaspoon
🥣 Freshly ground nutmeg – ⅓ cup
For The Topping
🥣 Sour cream (room temperature) – 2 cups (480 ml) (1 16-ounce container)
🥣 Sugar – ⅓ cup (65 g)
🥣 Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
Preparation Of Sweet Potato Cheesecake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Perfectly blend in the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a medium bowl.
- Pour the mixture onto the base and sides of the springform pan and bake it for about 6 to 8 minutes. Let it cool after removing it from the oven.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, and brown sugar until it becomes completely smooth.
- Add in the sweet potatoes, evaporated milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, cornstarch, and eggs. Beat all of them until it’s nicely combined.
- Pour the mixture on the crust and bake it for about 45 to 55 minutes.
- Mix the sour cream, vanilla, and sugar. Whisk it properly to combine.
- Spread the mixture on the warm cheesecake and place it back in the oven. Bake it until it is perfectly set. 5 minutes would be enough.
- Remove the sides of the pan. Let it cool down and chill it for at least 5 hours or overnight.
Notes To Remember:
- Use fresh sweet potatoes for the cheesecake.
- The cheesecake doesn’t need to be completely set before taking it out of the oven. Gently shake the pan and let the center wobble, then you must know to take it out.
- It would be nice if you plan the whole cooking process ahead because the Sweet Potato Cheesecake would take a substantial amount of time to cool down and chill. The cheesecake should be taken out from the oven after being there for some time and it should cool down to room temperature on the counter which takes a good amount of time.
- The cheesecake should be kept in the refrigerator to chill overnight, again adding the time. So it will be good if you knew all this before starting the whole cooking process.