Can You Cook Mac & Cheese In The Microwave – The Ultimate Comfort Dish!
Mac and cheese are one of the best comfort food. It is a creamy pasta dish that gives you complete satisfaction. The gooey cheese and creamy texture of pasta make a mouthwatering effect. The type of cheese used for making mac and cheese provides a double taste for the recipe. Sharper cheddar cheese and a flavorful parmesan are the perfect combos for a mac and cheese recipe.
How To Make Mac And Cheese In The Microwave In Just 10 Minutes
Cheddar and parmesan cheese work well with macaroni. Parmesan cheese is mainly used for grating on top of mac and cheese.
When it comes to cooking mac and cheese, many of you have doubts regarding the method of cooking this recipe.
Most people have the confusion about whether mac and cheese are possible to cook in the microwave or not. No more confusion about cooking mac and cheese recipes. You can use the microwave for cooking the delicious mac&cheese.
This article gives a complete description of how to cook mac and cheese in just a few minutes.
Let’s look at the ingredients for the microwave mac and cheese recipe.
Mac and Cheese Recipe Ingredients
➤ Water – ¾ cup
➤ Pasta – ⅓ cup
➤ Salt – 1 teaspoon
➤ Pepper – 1 tablespoon
➤ Milk – 4 tablespoon
➤ Cheese – 4 tablespoon
Here are the steps that describe how to cook Mac and Cheese using a microwave.
- Take a deep bowl and combines pasta, water, and salt.
- Turn on the microwave and put the bowl inside it. Set the microwave on high. Wait for two minutes to boil the pasta.
- Remove it from the microwave and stir well. If the pasta has a thick consistency, add water if needed. Place the bowl inside the microwave and continue heating for one minute. When it becomes tender, take the bowl and drain the water.
- Add ⅓ cup of milk and 4 tablespoons of cheese to the pasta.
- Mix well and place it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. It melts well within seconds. Remove and stir well until you achieve a thick sauce.
- Sprinkle it with pepper and salt on top and enjoy the delicious taste of mac and cheese.
Mac and cheese recipes are one of the favorite foods of your kids. You can make this yummy food for your little ones within a few minutes. It is easy to make with the help of a microwave.
You can add hot dog slices, breadcrumbs, marinated tofu cubes, and a dash of hot sauce for better taste. Some people also add veggies like steamed broccoli and steamed carrots for a crunchy taste.
How to reheat Macaroni and Cheese in the Microwave?
When you don’t reheat the mac and cheese, it becomes dry and hard the next day. Microwave is the best option for reheating your mac and cheese recipe.
Chef Michael Zentner of The Drifter in Charleston, South Carolina says that a microwave method is a good option for reheating both small batches and large amounts of mac and cheese.
Here are the steps you need to remember while reheating the recipe
- Store the leftover mac and cheese in a glass container with lids. It’s a convenient method to reheat mac and cheese.
- Add two tablespoons of milk to the macaroni and cheese. Mix well.
- Reheat the mixture at 50 percent power. Stir it well.
- When it becomes a thick consistency add some butter to it and remove it from the microwave.
How to cook pasta in the microwave?
Pasta is an active ingredient in Italian cuisine. It is also widely used in American restaurants and many other parts of the world. You can boil pasta in a microwave within minutes. Boiling pasta in a microwave is a fuss-free way. Take a bowl and add 4 cups of water. Set the microwave on high for 5 minutes. Add the pasta once it boiled. Add a pinch of salt and olive oil. Use a fork to mix well. Keep the microwave on high for 10 minutes. Drain the pasta using a colander. Add one tablespoon of olive oil if needed after refreshing it with cold water. Pasta is rich in nutrients like fiber, protein, and sodium. Pasta-based foods are beneficial for your body.
How can you make Mac and Cheese better in the microwave?
You can make mac and cheese better in a number of ways. Most people prefer to add milk to the macaroni. It is the easiest way to make the recipe better. Add the milk while boiling the macaroni and after it’s done cooking. Adding milk makes the macaroni instantly creamier.
Another method is adding breadcrumbs. you can add breadcrumbs once it is cooked in the microwave. If you want to make your mac and cheese crispy and tastier, then use some bread crumbs on top of the recipe.
Adding basic spice is another option for making your mac and cheese better. You can use any spices according to your convenience. Paprika, cinnamon, and pepper work well with mac and cheese.
➤ Are Mac And Cheese Good For Weight Loss?